Become a Mentor
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please fill out this form
Thank you so much for showing an interest in becoming a volunteer for the KCL Aspire. Your efforts and endeavors is crucial to making this program a success!
Information about the role
1). You will be paired with an aspiring KCL student and will be guiding them through their university application process. This may include:
– UCAS statement support
– Aptitude/Entry exam test support
– Interview preparation support (where applicable)
2). You will act as a mentor throughout the academic year. It will be your responsibility to introduce them to KCL, explain what is expected of them at the tertiary education level and what they should be doing in preparation for university.
3). You will be expected to provide advice on those of KCL’s scholarships and support systems which are applicable to each student. (You will be trained on these systems before your peer mentorship starts.
4). Below are the subject areas we are interested in and number of mentors which we aim to have from each:
– STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
– Health and Social Care
1). Must currently be studying the subject (or a subject classified under the category) that you wish to provide support for. (Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure about your subject classification).
2). Must be available during September and October of 2019 to provide administrative and application support to the aspiring KCL students.
3). Be DBS trained (if you are not, then the training and certificate will be provided)
4). Note that there will be a mandatory comprehensive training day in July, during which you will be briefed on the intricacies of the role. You will be contacted to select a date for the briefing if you are successful which will take place on the university campus. If you are not in the country over summer, please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that an arrangement can be made.
- Please complete the form to apply to become a mentor. If your application is successful, you will have the opportunity to make a huge positive difference in someone’s life!
- If you are successful in the screening process, you will be invited for a video interview. This will be to ensure that your skill sets and qualities will be maximised when matched with your mentees.
- Applications to become a mentor closes once all the spots are filled, so apply now to avoid missing a place
Thank you again for your interest in KCL Aspire!